The MTC Factory Outlet store is located in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. The store has greatly expanded since it’s opening in 2006, to accommodate a vast amount of inventory. We sell various premium, trusted brand name refurbished electronics, major appliances. All products are sold with warranties (various warranties depending on item purchased).
There are a many reasons that can label an item "refurbished". Due to consumer laws preventing manufacturers from selling anything considered "refurbished" as "new", the second consumer gets the best deal.
Here are a few examples:
- Most major retail stores offer a 30-day money back guarantee on their products and there are some consumers that just simply take advantage of that. These items are returned to the manufacturer, inspected and repackaged like new.
- Items where the box or casing was damaged in shipment, which are returned to the manufacturer.
- An item that was returned to the manufacturer because of a slight defect. The part that was defective was replaced, tested and then repackaged.
- The item was returned because of a minor cosmetic blemish on the casing.
- The box was simply opened. That’s it!
- Brand new overstocked items are also sometimes labelled as refurbished.
- Cancelled orders that never even made it to the purchaser's home
It is impossible to know the history of each item, however when a unit gets labelled "Certified Refurbished", this means that it has been inspected and serviced, tested and repackaged to meet original productmanufacturer specifications.
Refurbs save money! Why hesitate in getting the best value by purchasing the exact same product at a much lower price.
- If you couldn’t afford that expensive item – NOW you can with a refurb and still get the same great performance.
- Refurbished items have a much lower defect rate, because all refurbished units are tested before they are sold.
Bottom line, if all the benefits of buying a refurbished product are the same as a new one -- even the warranty, the only "drawback" you would notice is probably a little label that says "refurbished" on the outside of the box or simply a brown box. We are contractually obligated to label all as being "refurbished", many of them are brand new with only minor cosmetic blemishes.
Not only will you save money, you are helping the environment at the same time!
TVs include 2 Year warranty, with the option to extend up to 4 years total. Major Appliances include 3 Year warranty, with the option to extend up to 5 years. Playstation consoles include 90 day MTC warranty. All other refurbished makes/brands include a 90-Day MTC warranty, or as noted on each product listing.
All shipments leave from our Whitby, Ontario location during normal operating hours. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on weight and dimensions, the customers location and service type chosen. If any product is received damaged or missing please notify the shipping carrier and MTC Factory Outlet immediately, failure to advise could result in compromising the warranty on the product.
Returns will be accepted for store credit or exchange only within seven business days of the customer receiving the product. A 10% restocking fee applies for all items returned that are not defective or due to an error on our part (ie: customer changed mind). Items such as in-ear headphones, appliances, vacuums and extended warranties are final sale, unless otherwise noted.
The customer must contact MTC Factory Outlet prior to shipping the item back to obtain an RMA number. MTC Factory Outlet must receive the item back, or the tracking number within seven business days to be eligible. Shipments without an RMA number will be refused and returned at the buyers expense. Item must be in original packaging, condition and be inspected by a technician before any credit is issued. Shipping will not be credited back unless it was due to an error on our part. All return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. Returns can also be brought directly to our store location.
Shipments to the USA may be subject import duties, taxes, and charges which are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to purchase.