MTC Factory Outlet will be REOPENING to the public on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 5pm. Starting this week, Friday July 31st 10am. Masks are mandatory. No public washroom. We will be limiting the number of customers in the store at a time. Limit 2 persons per family. Pick up service is available.
From Monday-Thursday 9:30-4pm, we will continue to provide online service with curbside pay/pickup. For appliances, Facebook message us your requests to ensure a faster shopping experience. Thank you for you ongoing support through this unprecedented time.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 905-666-6030
MTC Factory Outlet
220 Water Street Whitby, ON L1N 0G9
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
What does Certified Refurbished mean?
There are a lot of reasons that can label an item "refurbished". Some are so frivolous, it’s laughable. But because consumer laws prevent manufacturers from selling anything considered "refurbished" as "new", the second consumer gets the best deal. Here are a few examples:
- Most major retail stores offer a 30-day money back guarantee on their products and there are some consumers that just simply take advantage of that. These items are returned to the manufacturer, inspected and repackaged like new.
- Items where the box or casing was damaged in shipment, which are returned to the manufacturer.
- An item that was returned to the manufacturer because of a slight defect. The part that was defective was replaced, tested and then repackaged.
- The item was returned because of a minor cosmetic blemish on the casing.
- The box was simply opened. That’s it!
- Brand new overstocked items are also sometimes labelled as refurbished.
Why should I buy refurbished products?
Refurbs save cash! Why hesitate in getting the best value by purchasing the exact same product, with a warranty that is comparable to, or even better, at a much lower price:
- If you couldn’t afford that expensive item – NOW you can with a refurb and still get the same great performance.
- Refurbished items have a much lower defect rate. From ten units that come back for repair only one is usually a refurb, because all refurbished units are tested before they are sold.
All products come with a minimum 90-day warranty!
Brand New items include manufacturer's warranty, unless otherwise specified. Most Sony refurbished products include a 1-year manufacturers warranty, unless otherwise specified. Playstation consoles include 90 day MTC warranty and a 2 or 3 year extended warranty may be purchased. Samsung TV's include 2 Year Guardian Angel warranty, with the option to extend up to 4 Years total. Samsung Appliances include 5 Year Guardian Angel Warranty. All other refurbished makes/brands include a 90-Day MTC warranty, or as noted on each product listing.
Shipping & Returns
All shipments leave from our Whitby, Ontario location during normal operating hours. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on weight and dimensions, the customers location and service type chosen. If any product is received damaged or missing please notify the shipping carrier and MTC Factory Outlet immediately, failure to advise could result in compromising the warranty on the product. Returns will be accepted for store credit or exchange only within seven business days of the customer receiving the product. A 10% restocking fee applies for all items returned that are not defective or due to an error on our part (ie: customer changed mind). Items such as in-ear headphones, appliances, vacuums and extended warranties are final sale, unless otherwise noted. The customer must contact MTC Factory Outlet prior to shipping the item back to obtain an RMA number. MTC Factory Outlet must receive the item back, or the tracking number within seven business days to be eligible. Shipments without an RMA number will be refused and returned at the buyers expense. Item must be in original packaging, condition and be inspected by a technician before any credit is issued. Shipping will not be credited back unless it was due to an error on our part. All return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. Returns can also be brought directly to our store location. Shipments to the USA may be subject import duties, taxes, and charges which are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to purchase.