Sony, master of the mirrorless lens
- Sony’s G Master Series interchangeable lens delivers high resolution for breathtaking detail and spectacular bokeh effect. You’ll enjoy innovative tools to explore new creative possibilities for imaging and art.
- E-mount 35mm full-frame lens is compatible with Sony’s high-resolution a7 series mirrorless camera series
- Offering an impressive 24-70mm focal length, this lens gives you a great range for landscapes and everyday photos of your kids. Plus with a minimum focusing distance of 0.4m you can get nice and close to your subject for great close-ups and portraits.
- This medium telephoto macro lens delivers a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, making it ideal for low light situations. It delivers an incredibly shallow depth of field so your close-ups get gorgeous background bokeh for that added artistic flare.
- The XA (extreme aspherical) elements with 0.01 micron surface precision takes you beyond ordinary and into the realm of exceptional. Its high sharpness and contrast results in significantly improved image accuracy and quality.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. Super ED glass elements offer even better reduction of chromatic aberrations so you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- Sony’s Nano AR (anti-reflective) coating reduces reflections that can cause ghosting and flare. Delivering accurate light transmission, this AR coating improves clarity, contrast, and overall image quality.
Fast, accurate focus
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (DDSSM) offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you’re photographing animals and insects the sound of your autofocus motor won’t spook them.
- The lens exterior features dust- and moisture-resistant seals because Mother Nature doesn’t always cooperate when you’re out and about. So when you’re trying to get that perfect shot, and a storm rolls in, you have peace of mind that your lens is protected in tough condition.
The beauty of bokeh
- Nine-blade circular aperture helps you unleash your artistic side when defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect. The circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape.
- Zoom Focal Length – 24 mm – 70 mm
- Apparent Focal Length with APS-C/DX Sensor – 36 mm – 105 mm
- Apparent Focal Length with Other Sensor – Not Applicable
- Horizontal Angle of View with 35 mm Sensor – 84° – 34°
- Horizontal Angle of View with APS-C/DX Sensor – 61° – 23°
- Fixed/Prime Focal Length – 24-70 mm
- Horizontal Angle of View with Other Sensor – Not Applicable
- Maximum Aperture – f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture – f/22
- Closest Focusing Distance – 0.38 m
- Maximum Magnification – 0.24x
- Macro – No
- Focus Adjustment – Internal Focusing (IF)
- Focusing Motor – Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (DDSSM)
- Manual Focusing – Yes
- Construction (Elements/Groups) – 18/13
- Zoom System – Not Applicable
- Diaphragm Blades – 7 (Circular)
- Stabilization – No
- Weather Sealed – Yes
- Colour – Black
- Mount Construction – Metal
- Mount Type – Sony E-Mount
- Filter Attachment Type – Screw
- Filter Size – 82 mm
- Maximum Diameter – 87.6 mm
- Maximum Length – 136 mm
- Weight – 886 g
- (Sony Series)
- (Sony Models)